Validating a Clients Right to Rent
In order to comply with 2016 Immigration Act (Right to Rent) and the 4th Money Laundering Directive, estates and lettings agents have an obligation to know and monitor their tenants. Verifying that tenants have the right to rent in the UK places a burden on the property sector to ensure they have complied with the relevant Know Your Customer (KYC) checks. Failure to adhere to these checks brings the risk of substantial fines and damage to the reputation of the business.
How we Help?
1. Real-time verification of identity documents – passports, driving licenses, national ID cards
2. Data is extracted and verified to determine ‘right to rent’ eligibility
3. Where necessary secondary document checks – visas, Biometric Residence permits are also checked and verified for validity, expiry via the machine readable zone (MRZ)
4. We support the property sector with bespoke document verification solutions which also allow for some due diligence checks on landlords
- Automated document checking
- Checks more document types than our competitors
- Reduced costs with secure cloud storage
- Simple management & reporting
- Constant updates with legislation
- Denied Persons List checking
- Statutory excuse